Convert PowerPoint to Pocket PowerPoint
Dick Budel visited the PowerPoint newsgroup looking for help with some problems he had encountered in converting his PowerPoint presentations to Pocket PowerPoint for use on a Win CE computer. He managed to work out the issues and came back with this step-by-step how-to:
Here is what I did:
- Installed Powerpoint 97 (kept the 2000 version in a diff. directory)
- Opened the presentation, which had been created in PPT 2K, in PPT 97.
- Saved the presentation via "Save as" a native presentation, i.e. "presentation". In other words, the default format for PPT 97.
- Copied the presentation to the HPC via Autosync/Explore. (I use AutoSynch 3.1) It translated the presentation into Pocket PPT format automatically. I noticed that this time the translation acted differently, There were messages about translating GIF files and other formats which didn't occur during my previous attempts.
- I had to append a ".PPV' extension to the file on the HPC. it arrived without one. I don't know whether it was something I neglected to specify during the copy process. Not a big deal!
- And that was it. I opened the file on the HPC and away we went!