Slide View is gone. I want it back!
Slide view in PowerPoint 2000 isn't the same as Slide view in earlier versions. If you prefer the old Slide view, you can get it back easily.
Hold down the Control key while you click the Slide View icon at the lower left of your screen.
To return to the new PowerPoint 2000 style Slide view, simply click the same icon again.
You can also customize the View menu choices to include the old-style Slide view:
- Right-click any toolbar and click Customize on the pop-up menu that appears (or choose Tools, Customize from the menu bar)
- Click the Commands tab of the Customize dialog box
- Click View in the Categories list
- Locate Slide in the Commands list
- Click Slide and hold down the mouse button while you drag it to the View menu. The cursor changes to an arrow with a plus sign
- When you reach the View menu, the View menu drops down. Drop the Slide item where you'd like it to appear on the View menu
- Click the Close button in the Customize dialog box
You can now choose View, Slide to put PowerPoint into the old-style Slide view.