Mac: I can't import Windows Media Files into my presentation
PowerPoint for Mac does not support viewing Windows Media files within the presentation.
Only the following file types are supported:
- QuickTime (QT, MOV)
- QuickTime VR (QTVR)
- MPEG (MPG)
- Video for Windows (AVI)
- Audio Interchange File Format (AIF, AIFF, AIFC)
- Apple QuickTime Movie Sound (MOV, MOOV)
- Apple System Sound (SFIL)
- Apple System Resource Sound (RSRC, rsrc)
- CCITT A-Law (European Telephony) Audio Format (ALAW)
- CCITT U-Law (US Telephony) Audio Format (AU, SND, ULAW)
- Microsoft Windows Waveform (WAVE, WAV)
- MPEG Layer 3 Audio (MP3)
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI, MID, KAR)
You'll need to convert your file to one of those four formats to embed the file directly into the slide.
As an alternative, you could link to a Windows Media file (Insert, Hyperlink), assuming you have the Windows Media Player installed and that the file works. Be warned that Windows Media Player for Mac does not support the new Windows Media 9 codecs, so not all files will play...ensure the file plays in Windows Media Player before linking to it in a presentation.
You can find out more about Windows Media Player for Mac and find download links here