Mac: QuickTime Movies don't play well in PowerPoint 2004
QuickTime movies inserted into PowerPoint presentations do not play as smoothly in PowerPoint 2004 as one would expect. This is a known issue that is being investigated by Microsoft.
The latest updates for PowerPoint 2004, which you can find using
AutoUpdate, have improved performance somewhat.
It may also help to decrease the movie size:
- Click the movie to select it
- From the main menu, choose Format, Picture ...
- Click the Size tab
- In the "Scale" area, put a checkmark next to "Best scale for slide show"
- Next to "Resolution" select the resolution at which you'll display the presentation*
- Click OK
* The resolution your computer's Display Preferences are set to or the resolution your video projector runs at. 1024 x 768 is a common choice.