Create a slide library (slide repository, slide library, slide management)
You've created dozens or hundreds of slides and presentations over the years and now find yourself re-creating slides that you know you've already made already. Sometime or other. Somewhere. If only you knew where, you could just re-use them.
You need a searchable library of slides.
There are quite a few third-party add-ins or programs in all price ranges. Some of these products are designed for the individual user or small office, others are intended for large enterprises with commensurate price tags and administrative overheads:
- If budgets are small or non-existent, PowerPoint MVP Glenna Shaw has some great ideas for Creating a Shared Repository or Workspace on the Cheap
- ZOOM is free for personal or non-profit use; if you're using it for work, you'd want the Business Edition which sells for $79 (but allows a free 30-day trial).
- Slideboxx is a new entry; simple, fast and reasonably priced at $119
- Presentation Librarian from Accent Technologies has a long history in this market.
- Microsoft's SharePoint combined with Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS) offers a slide library feature that integrates tightly with PowerPoint 2007. Find more information about it here.
- Slide Executive
- Slide Manager
These are just a few examples. Try a http://www.google.com search on combinations of terms like:
- asset management