Create a sample presentation from a theme
You're creating a new theme for a client or just for yourself. You want to show an example of each type of layout in the theme but ... well ... that's a lot of work.
This is far from perfect, but it'll give you a starting point. And it's FAST.
- Download ThemeSampler.pptm (Rightclick, choose Save; save it to your desktop or any other convenient location).
- Open ThemeSampler
- Start a new presentation, pick any theme for it. Make sure that it's the active presentation.
- Click the Developer tab and click Macros.
- In the Macro dialog box that opens, choose Macro in: ThemeSampler.pptm
- Under Macro Name, choose ThemeSampler then click Run.
The macro will add a new slide for each template in each slide master in your presentation then attempt to fill the slide's placeholders with reasonable content. Sometimes it's not totally reasonable. Still beats doin' it by hand, though.
You'll need to create your own charts, and for layouts that include placeholders you can click to add text, charts, pictures etc, you'll get text. You may want to duplicate these, delete the text, then click to get a different content type. Or not. It's your call.