Insert Word Art into PPT 2013
What? No Word Art?
If you're a Word Art user from way back, it'll come as a shock to find that the Insert Word Art feature is no longer available in PowerPoint 2013.
You can probably replicate any of the old Word Art effects by using the WordArt Styles group on the Format tab that appears when you select the text, but getting an exact match could be tricky. And certainly time-consuming. And annoying.
What to do ...?
Customize: to the rescue!
It turns out that the old Word Art feature is still there, it's just well hidden. You need to customize the ribbon to bring it back. Here's how:
- Right-click on the text of any of the ribbon tabs and choose Customize the Ribbon from the pop-up menu. Don't bother trying to customize the Quick Access Toolbar. For some reason, that won't work.
- In the dialog box that appears, next to Choose commands from: select All Commands.
- Scroll down the list of commands to Word Art. It's almost at the bottom of the list.
- On the right side of the dialog box, add a new group to whatever ribbon tab you'd like the command to appear on. The Insert tab seems the most logical place, but choose whatever makes sense to you.
- Make sure Word Art is still highlighted on the left then click Add to add it to your new group.
- Click OK to close the dialog box. You now have a new Word Art button that behaves pretty much like the one you're used to from previous versions of PowerPoint.