Picture Corrections do not work on background pictures (PowerPoint 2013)
You can find more detailed information about December 9, 2014 update for PowerPoint 2013 (KB2910907) and the issues it corrects by following this link.
This update addresses the following problems:
- Navigation stops working during a slide show; show remains stuck on current slide.
- VBA - PasteSpecial method doesn't work during slide show
- "We're sorry, something went wrong that might make PowerPoint unstable. Please save your presentations and restart PowerPoint." message appears when saving a presentation or save fails without message.
- Date and Time fields do not update
- Picture Corrections don't work on background pictures
See December 9, 2014 update for PowerPoint 2013 (KB2910907) for specific information about each problem.
You can use Windows Update to download/install the update or download the update file from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Download update KB2910907 for 32-bit PowerPoint 2013
- Download update KB2910907 for 64-bit PowerPoint 2013
Note: These updates apply only to MSI-installed (ie, not Click-to-Run) editions of Office 2013.