Problem Report Form
The MVPs and other users in The PowerPoint Answers Forum are happy to help solve your PowerPoint problems, but you need to to help us help you.
Before doing anything else, please try the troubleshooting tips here:
If that didn't help, we'll need more information, so here's what we'd like you to do:
- Select the text below, from "PROBLEM REPORT" to the end of the page
- Choose Edit, Copy or press Ctrl+C to copy the selected text
- Start Notepad (Start, Settings, Accessories, Notepad)
- Choose Edit, Paste or press Ctrl+V to paste the text into Notepad
- Now add the specific information about the problem you're having and the system you're having it on
- Save the Notepad file, then select all the text and choose Edit, Copy or press Ctrl+C to copy it.
- Post a reply to the newsgroup message that sent you here (or post a new message). In the body of the message, press Ctrl+V to paste your information into the message. Send the message to the newsgroup. If you're not already using the PowerPoint Newsgroup, see The PowerPoint Newsgroup is your Friend and How do I join the PowerPoint newsgroup?
Detail is good. Lots of detail is better. Remember, you're the one sitting in front of your PC. We can't see what's going on. Your words have to be our eyes.
PROBLEM REPORT Powerpoint version I'm using: Is it a trial, beta, click-to-run, web app or Office 365 version and if so, which: Service Packs/updates I've applied: Other PowerPoint versions the file was created in or opened in since, if any: Windows version: Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Description of problem: When I do this: Here's what happens: or Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: If any error messages appear, include the exact full text: Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: