Fading sounds, changing volume of sounds in PowerPoint
You have several sounds or music cuts in a presentation. You'd like them to fade in, fade out or cross-fade.
Or you want to change the sound levels so that they all match one another.
PowerPoint doesn't include any sound editing features. It simply plays any sounds you add to your presentations.
PowerPoint 2007 has a button that lets you set the sound volume to Low, Medium, High or Mute. If it works for you, please write. It does nothing for me.
Instead you can:
Edit sounds in another program
Audacity is both highly recommended, highly capable and totally free. It's hard to beat that combination. After editing and saving your sounds, insert them into PowerPoint for playback.
The Volume Control add-in
Chirag Dalal's Volume Control add-in lets you:
- Set the volume for slides (and set different volume levels on different slides)
- Set different mute settings for slides
- Create volume controller on the slide to control the volume during shows
- Create mute controller on the slide to turn speakers ON/OFF during shows
- Adjust master, waveform-audio (WAV). MIDI and CD volume individually or collectively
On the plus side, this means that you can do basic sound modifications from within PowerPoint. On the other hand, the add-in must be installed on each PC that will play back the presentation.